Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Wonderful Lil' Husband....And All He Did Was Read A Book!

It's been a while since my last post because it's been a crazy few weeks in my world. I was out of town on business for 9 days and when I returned...I was the lucky recipient of the ever-popular airplane cold. I've been sick as a dog and in bed since Tuesday! And, I was supposedly on vacation :( Oh well, I'm feeling much better today. I still can't hear, but I'm going to push through and try to enjoy my last two days off.

So, when I was away for my convention...lil' husband managed to bring my 1966 kitchen to present day with a beautiful new tile backsplash and countertop...and all he did was read a book! I never truly doubted him for a second, but I did think that it would be quite the undertaking and I was happy that I wouldn't be here to witness the process and frustration that may follow. However, he proved me wrong! It's finished and truly gorgeous!!! It makes my kitchen look brand new!!!! :)

While in the process of the remodel, he also decided to update my microwave to an installed above the stove version, built a windowsill and also added under the counter lighting! Check it out....

Before


Voila ~ The Finished Product :) .....

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow lil' husband did a great job! How nice to have a refreshed kitchen..someday we'll refresh our kitchen. So much to do as home owners! ..