Monday, May 26, 2008

Surfs Up!

On Saturday, Randy and I drove 14 hours to Surf City, NC with my family for the week and we're having a great time! The beach house we're renting is just beautiful :)

Lil' husband entertained the neices and nephews with his sand art, building a hippo, octapus and shark. Then, my nephew Luke, who's vocally scared of the ocean....ventured to get his feet wet by the end of the day :) "Tomorrow..." he said last night, "I'm going swimming in the ocean...YEP!...just like a big boy!!" We'll see :)

We were on the beach all day yesterday and enjoyed the sun and sand! Of course, being the pale-skinned Michiganders that we are....we were lathering up in 50 SPF while our southern fam were soaking in the rays! LH and I rested easy last night while our sunbathed family layed in beds smelling of aloe and solarcane! :) However, I look like a ghost next to my sunkissed sister :)

Last night, lil' husband fished until 3:30 a.m. on the pier with my brother-in-law and nephew. Among the catch....sharks, sting ray, flounder and blue crab! Needless to say....LH is in heaven :)

Until next time.

No comments: